Psoriasis is a long-lasting skin disease. It is a type of disease that affects almost every part of your body but usually it affects your legs, elbows, knees, scalp, back, face, palms and feet. It is one of the most common of all skin disease and almost 3.1 percent of U.S population has been affected by this disease and it is till spreading throughout the world. Sometimes it becomes very hard to diagnose or identify this skin infection because it looks like just a skin disease but in reality it is far different from others. It is a non-contagious disease that means it can’t be transmitted through person to person or by any other medium. Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder and it keeps recurring in the body of its hosts and this disease can be characterized by red, flaky patches on the skin. It is not a sex specific disease as like herpes that used to affect women. It can affect anyone, from a toddler to an old aged man, whether male or female no one is safe from this disease but it depends on genetics and triggered by the surrounding environment. This chronic disease is non-contagious and occurs when your immune system doesn’t function as it should and it stimulates your skin cells to grow rapidly, which trigger the growth of skin cells. Both genetics and the immune system play a major role in the development of this disease. One of the common types of psoriasis is Plaque psoriasis – it is one of the most common types of psoriasis and causes redness of the skin with inflamed patches that covers the area of the skin. Facial psoriasis is a common but chronic skin problem in which there are one or more, persistent, thickened, red and dry patches on the face. The reason of it people often shy away from society and restrain themselves into a room or at an isolated place where no one could see them. They often get depressed and become the victims of inferiority complex. Therefore it is imperative to treat symptoms of facial psoriasis and today we are going to talk about some of those treatments option here:
How to Treat Symptoms Of Psoriasis?
- Use of Good Moisturizer: When affected with psoriasis you may feel over-dry skin on various part of your body. If your skin cracks down then it may bleed as well, therefore in order to moisturize your face you should use a quality moisturizer.
- Topical steroids: You can use topical steroids that will help reduce redness and swelling of the skin but you should be aware that not to use these steroids in excessive amount and for longer period of time otherwise it can irritate your face and may cause you problem.
- Use Cream Containing Salicylic Acid: You should use creams that should contain Salicylic Acid. This acid is used to treat different skin problems. With psoriasis, it can help soften and remove scales.
- Aloe Vera: Use of aloe vera will definitely soothe you from burning and will reduce redness of the face. It is blessed with anti-inflammatory attribute that will help you with your inflammation. You can directly apply its gel on your face.
- Cashew Nut Oil: You can directly apply cashew nut oil on your face. It will reduce your burning sensation, help you moisturize it and can remove dead skin cells. It will also make your skin look fresh and smooth.