Psoriasis is a health condition that is related to your skin. It usually affects different part of your skin such as elbows, knees, scalp, back, face, palms and feet, but they can show up on other parts of your body. It is a non-contagious disease that means it can’t be transmitted through person to person. Psoriasis is a long-lasting auto immune disease and it can give you patches that are abnormal. The main cause of this disease is still unknown but it is believed that a problem with your immune system causes this condition that can keep affecting you for the rest of your life. In this condition your body starts producing skin cells at excessive rate that means it causes rapid proliferation of skin cells in your body and it results in dry flakes of the skin scales. There is a chemical called lymphocytes which is produced by the white blood cells, therefore this chemical triggers the rapid proliferation of the skin cells. There are different types of psoriasis such as Plaque psoriasis – it is one of the most common types of psoriasis and about 80 percent of total psoriasis patients have been affected by this condition. It causes redness of the skin with inflamed patches that covers areas of the skin. Another type of psoriasis guttate psoriasis that is most common in children and it majorly causes red spots arms and legs. Pustular psoriasis is also a type of psoriasis that generally affects adult males and it also causes red spots with inflamed patches. White fluid filled blisters are also being caused by this condition. Psoriasis is generally thought to be a genetic disease that is triggered by some environment factors. Generally, diagnosis of this skin condition is very hard because it certainly look like just another skin infections but your physician may have to examine your skin cells in order to diagnose your condition whether it is psoriasis or anything else. Although symptoms of this disease may vary depending on severity of your condition but it is also one of the fact about psoriasis that the symptoms may come and go spontaneously. Now we will talk about some common symptoms of psoriasis. Those symptoms are:
Symptoms of Psoriasis are:
- Dry skin: In this condition, your skin may dry and it may bleed as well if it cracked for some reason.
- Itching and Burning Sensation: You may feel itching and burning sensation around the patched area that has been triggered by psoriasis disease.
Symptoms and signs of Pustular psoriasis include at rapid onset of groups of small bumps filled with pus on the torso. Patients are often systemically ill and have a fever.
- Depression: It may also affect you psychologically. It is one of the most common psychological symptoms among psoriasis patients. They often restrain themselves into a dark room or at an isolated place.
- Painful Swollen Joints: You may also feel pain in your joints such as wrist, ankle and other joints. These joints could inflame as well.
- Genital Lesion: In inverse psoriasis you may feel pain with lesions on genitals especially in the groins and on head of the penis.